Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Home Improvement


What a weekend! I know that doing home improvement yourself saves money but I told Ethan after our weekend I don't know if it was worth it. I also told him I may have a lawsuit for emotional distress =) Here's a recap:
  • Friday, Saturday, Sunday spent on one wall of our bathroom
  • Toilet is hooked back up but sink isn't
  • Working with two small children-not a good idea (the poor neglected dears)
  • Learning that I'm not qualified for a two "man" job
  • Four trips to Lowes (two with both children and one with both cars)
  • Stopped at 10:00 PM Sunday to clean up disastrous house before sitter comes on Monday  
  • Both of us stumble through work Monday in an exhausted daze
Funny how I thought I could also fit cleaning my carpet into the weekend but it will have to wait until next weekend. We have both decided to take a break from the bathroom even though we still have a ways to go before it's finished. Emma has informed us that she is "tired of working on the bathroom." Noah also learned to suck his thumb while watching us on the floor.


Drywall torn off
Where we finished off

Go Cubs! Thanks Uncle Caleb and Aunt Katy
Our little thumb sucker

No comments:

Post a Comment