Thursday, May 26, 2011

Anderson Update

Both of my children love to be outside so we are going to spend lots of time at the park and in the yard this summer. I have made several garage sale finds including a riding toy for Noah, a two seater wagon, and a bike for Emma. We also hope to make some trips to the pool this summer and Emma is signed up for swimming lessons in July.

Emma has also made a new friend in town. We've been playing with Lydia and meeting her at story time. Emma keeps calling her Alydia or Olydia. I think she's confusing it with Alivia or Olivia. So I've been working with her to say "Lllll... Lydia." So now she calls her "La la Lydia."

I am enjoying a day off at home without my kids today (thanks to my mother dearest.) I cannot believe what I was able to get done before noon:
  • Cleaned the basement
  • Swept/mopped basement floor, stairs
  • Ironing done (had been there for at least 3 months)
  • Four loads of laundry
  • Painted my bathroom trim
  • Cleaned the bathroom
  • Vacuumed living room/hallway
  • Picked up house
  • Sinkful of dishes done
I still have my afternoon left and am hoping to finish some more cleaning, work on Noah's baby book, and do some errands. It has been a wonderful break and great timing as we prepare for our big double birthday party this weekend. My next big task is baking two cakes and decorating them on Saturday...


Fell asleep after singing "Trust and Obey" to herself

Noah loves to play with the TP

Emma and her new friend Lydia

Noah pretends he's mowing

Our cute little mouse

1 comment: