Thursday, September 1, 2011

So long summer

August has come and gone already!

After Idaho, I went to Orlando on business for a week. This was the first time I'd traveled since before Noah was born. Ethan had both kids by himself for a few days and it was a challenge. He called just to let me know that he had no personal time for three days and had decided he never wanted to be a single parent. I told him I'd been lacking personal time for the past four years =) It was a good experience for all of us. Ethan has been a big help since I've returned, I missed my family and was excited to come home, and the kiddos had fun with G&G and daddy.
Some other events in August were:

  • Anna's baby shower
  • Good-bye party for Kyle and Lindsey
  • Family day
  • Church picnic at Willowbrook
  • Isaac's birthday party
  • Another trip to the zoo
  • An Iowa Cubs game

We are ready for life to slow down and have some cleaning and projects to work on. I'm planning to start Emma's preschool next week and will attempt to start a new routine for my days at home. Summer was great fun but we're excited for fall!


Uncle Austin at Family Day

Spectators

Janis takes Bret on

Noah the cheerleader

Sweet little Khloe

Uncle Andrew is funny


Isaac turns 4


 The birthday guests

Noah loved his balloon

Cupcakes are so yummy

Post-cupcake Eva

The pinata was a big hit

The loot


Noah found Eli's stash

A trip to the zoo with Lydia


Feeding the goats was their favorite part


Emma loved the goats


Noah met a girl at the Cubs game

Daddy's Craigslist find

The secret door

Noah has to do everything big sis does

2 comments: