Monday, June 3, 2013

And May is gone...


A free and quiet moment to post, very rare these days. Ethan is off this week and we are enjoying some fun time as a family. We are heading to Kansas City on Thursday for a mini vacation. Summer is here and I am trying to make our list of things we want to do. Emma has also requested that I have a "schedule" so that is one of my projects while we're driving. She is thrilled to be out of school and it's been nice having her around. Noah loves having a playmate and they spend lots of time outdoors.

There is so much I could write about but I find it easier to just post some pictures of what's been going on at the Andersons.


Our Life in Pictures:
 

Buddies already

May 14th- Emma's 6th Birthday, Lydia came to play
Our new 6 year old!
A unicorn carriage??
Made Noah's day to find this in our front yard
Thanks for finding the high chair Grandma Kris!
Big milestone
Took some practice and convincing from Dad but she did it! Emma is now obsessed with riding her bike. She begs Ethan multiple times every day to go ride.

New PJs from her cousins and she loves the mask :)
Home Sweet Home:


Found Emma a quilt at a garage sale. She now has cowgirl and princess décor :) The painting was one Ethan's grandparents had given his mom when she was a little girl. She loves having her own room!
A Penny Saved:
 

I finally got my couponing back on when I made a trip ALONE to Target. $41.85 and a $5 gift card!! Felt like Money Saving Mom :) It really is worth it sometimes to clip those coupons and plan ahead before shopping. Haven't figured out how to do it with kids though. When they come along, I end up shoplifting...so embarrassing.
 Quiet Time Encouragement:

 
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding."

Proverbs 3:5

I've been meditating on this well-known verse the past couple of weeks. How often do I "lean on my own understanding?" This can be defined as "your perception of the right course of action." A note in the ESV study Bible said this, "The wise will govern themselves by what the Lord declares and will not seek their own finite and often-mistaken understanding against His." He knows ALL things and is working them ALL for my GOOD. Just trust Him... it sounds so simple but yet such a struggle at times.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment