Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Random thoughts on a snowy day

Here's a sampling of what's been on my mind the last week or so:
  • Realizing that I can't do it all no matter how early I wake up or how late I go to bed. There's no possible way at this time in my life and that's okay...I am letting go of some perfectionism even though it's hard.
  • De-cluttering our house one room at a time. Getting rid of stuff, doing some deep cleaning, and organizing all of the things we've somehow accumulated. Here are some of my inspirations IHeart Organizing and Organized Simplicity.
  • Goals for the year including putting a routine in place for my days at home, spending more time playing with my children, finding time to exercise, doing more Bible study, and overall focusing more on things near and dear to my heart instead of the "urgent" things that push them aside.
  • My relationship with the Lord. It's not a checklist or a system, it's about spending time getting to know Him, being led by the Spirit, and loving the things He loves."The key element in pleasing God is our relationship with Him. It is a matter of the heart. If we see God as a taskmaster and consider obedience to Him a burden, then we have joined those of whom the Lord said, "I have this against you, that you have left your first love." Rev. 2:4 The way of joy is to love the Lord with all our heart, soul, and mind. " -David McCasland
  • Getting ourselves back on a budget. December was a tough month with vacation and Christmas. We have to get back on track and I have to stay away from all sales no matter how great they are!
  • January is actually enjoyable this year. I like being cooped up in my cozy house working on projects that have been sitting for months (the bathroom.) We've had nice quiet evenings playing at home and I am loving it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you! We've got to get back on track. Nov-Dec with all the traveling and gift giving can get really out of hand.
    We're working on routine, too! Keep us updated on how it goes.

    ReplyDelete