Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Emma quotes

Here are a few of my latest favorite lines from our almost four year old:

"Is it so hard being a mommy? You have to go to work, then clean up the dishes, then do the laundry..."
(How sweet that she realizes this already!)

"Daddy, this movie is blu ray. That means it's high definition."
(This can only mean that she has watched too many movies and pays too much attention to the advertising.)

"Mom, I have a little emergency in here."
(Emergency=a juice spill.)

"I suspect this is a picture of me with three princesses."
(Looking at her Florida scrapbook.)

She had me cracking up one day and I asked her where she came from. She replied, "A small country called Norwalk."

I walked into the kitchen after getting home from work to find a pot of water on the stove, a strainer in the sink, and pasta and Prego on the counter. She then informed me that she we were having spaghetti for supper. Maybe I'll have my own personal chef before long!

Her brother doesn't share her vocabulary yet but he has learned to say hi. While I'm sitting on the couch with my laptop, he'll crawl up, peek his little face around the screen and say in a high-pitched voice,"hiiiiii" until I look at him. His big grin makes me smile every time.

I am thankful that these two give me a reason to smile even on the most stressful and discouraging days!

No comments:

Post a Comment