Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Home

After a week in Orlando, I will openly admit that I enjoyed quiet nights alone in my room, catching up on reading, devotions with breakfast, delicious meals that I didn't have to cook, my bed being made each morning, and time spent with great co-workers.

These are all nice luxuries but after a few days I found myself missing home. It's so funny that when I'm living in the craziness at home there are moments when I would love some "alone time." Yet, when I get it, after awhile I've had enough quiet, enough room service, enough "me" time. I start counting down the days until I'm home. I can't tell you how excited I am to see those happy faces and feel their arms around my neck. Noah does these adorable bear hugs where he squeezes me really tight and even grits his teeth...so cute.

Being gone just reminds me that my heart really is at home. The people there are changing me and teaching me that there is so much more to life than me. Giving of myself brings so much more joy than indulging myself.

Now, I had to remind myself of these thoughts on Monday when I awoke to mounds of laundry, bills to pay, an empty fridge, and two hungry children :) Home sweet home... it was refreshing to be away but I'm so glad to be back.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! The last time Jonathan and I went on vacation I felt the same way!

    "Me time" is good in small amounts, but I need a lot less than I think I do.
    By the end, I was ready to get back to my much more chaotic, but much more meaningful "normal" life.

    ReplyDelete