Thursday, January 26, 2012

Problem-free life

I admit that I do grumble about life sometimes. I don't know why because I truly have nothing to complain about. Yet I find myself thinking things like:

" A dishwasher would make life so much easier."

"If we only lived closer...."

"Why is she so strong-willed?"

"This is just too much for one person to possibly do."

"If we just had more space..."

"Why does this have to be so hard?"

I know, it's terrible but I'm being honest. Today my reading really spoke to me though:

"Give up the illusion that you deserve a problem-free life. Part of you is still hungering for the resolution of all difficulties. This is a false hope! As I told my disciples, in this world you will have trouble. Link your hope not to problem solving in this life but to the promise of an eternity of problem-free life in heaven. Instead of seeking perfection in this fallen world, pour your energy into seeking Me: the Perfect One.

When things seem all wrong, trust Me anyway. I am much less interested in right circumstances than in right responses to whatever comes your way."

Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

So true and so convicting...I don't know why I ever expect a life of ease on this earth. There is no such thing which is why we have eternity to look forward to! I'm reminded once again to change my perspective.

We have had a great week so far and Emma is finishing the letter M. My favorite one so far because M&Ms have been required for most of the activities ;) She has done great with her preschool and seems to still enjoy it most days. Noah thinks he needs to join in so that's been a challenge to find things he can do. He had no problem sampling the M&Ms this week though as you'll see in the pictures below.


Do-A-Dot "M"


Finished product

Color sorting

Noah doing his part

Happy camper

Fun book from the library



Great way to make counting fun


Alphabet Bingo to review letters


Noah cleans out the cupboard


1 comment:

  1. Aw, I remember doing that counting book! =) Or something like it, anyway. I think we still have it. Can't remember I was ever allowed the eat the m&ms though. Oh well. ;)

    ReplyDelete