Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Confessions...

As much as I hate to admit it my standards have changed since Noah joined us. Here are my confessions:
  • Then: entire house cleaned regularly once a week. Now: happy as long as the kitchen floor isn't sticky.
  • Then: ALL laundry completed/put away each Monday. Now: a load is thrown in when Ethan comments he has no clean underwear.
  • Then: menu planned weekly and home cooked meals several times a week. Now: grilled cheese, hot dogs, frozen pizza, and chicken nuggets are now regulars on our menu.
  • Then: bath time occurred every two days religiously. Now: as long as they both get a bath before Sunday I'm happy. 
  • Then: dressed, make-up on, hair done each and every morning. Now: dressed, make-up on and hair done only when leaving the house.
  • Then: bedding changed once every couple weeks. Now: bedding is only changed when someone spits up or wets the bed.
Even though the perfectionist in me is cringing at this, I know this is just a season of life and enjoying my children is much more important than being perfect. Maybe I will get more efficient as they grow and I adjust. For now this poem is a reminder of what really matters:

"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow for babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep; I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."

2 comments:

  1. love that poem, see ya tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds about right! lol.
    Actually, I used to put a towel between the sheet and the mattress pad so I could prolong washing the bedding as long as possible.
    If the mattress pad was soaked I felt like it *must* be done, but I could easily let the sheet go through a spit up and dry cycle a few times!

    ReplyDelete