Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving

We enjoyed Thanksgiving and time spent with family. Randy and Kelli were wonderful hosts and we spent Wednesday night through Friday with them. We returned to Ames for the Crim gathering at Pizza Ranch Friday night. Saturday we spent with my family and got to see the movie Tangled. It was a great weekend and we finished it off by putting up our Christmas tree on Sunday night. Emma thought that meant it was Christmas the next morning and was inquiring about presents. It's taken some explaining and she informed me that she "doesn't like my plan "of waiting for the 25th.

I am now trying to attack my giant to-do list before we leave for vacation next week. My hope is to get our Christmas shopping done before we leave so I can wrap when we get back. Emma is going to my parents this weekend so Ethan and I can do some shopping and attend our church Christmas dinner on Saturday. We will then pick her up on Sunday and see Hayli and Austin perform in their Christmas program.

As I reflect on Thanksgiving, I am in awe of God's rich blessings. Here's just a short list of things that I am thankful for:

  • A large and loving family (I never lack having someone to call or hang out with)
  • My two precious children (can't imagine life without them)
  • My loving husband (who is a good listener and patient in spite of my shortcomings)
  • A warm and cozy house
  • A car that works and a garage that keeps me from scraping my windshield
  • A job that allows me to be at home more than I am at work
  • A God who always provides for my needs and has given me so much more than I deserve


Ready for winter

Still eating even right before bedtime

Isaac the hockey player
Slumber party at G&G's

Emma helped set up the nativity


Noah loved the lights


       

Finished product (a little big for our living room but it works) 


No comments:

Post a Comment